Thursday, January 11, 2007

Well, I am thankful.

Thankful not to get stuck even once, though I drove attridge to help a good friend at 5 p.m.
Thankful not to get stranded, though it can mean safety for the night, it never means comfort, or a good sleep.
Thankful not to be invovled in any of the many car accidents both yesterday and today.
(Why today? Have people not realized they need to compensate for the new road reality given to us?)
Thankful most of all to have my family safely in my house last night.
Thankful that my father-in-law has a snow blower I can use, and a step dad who has a truck to deliver it.
Thankful that I live so close to work.
Thankful that my wife made hot chocolate and chicken soup when i came in after 2 hours of snow blowing.
(which, by the way, was still physically tiring, though just not back breaking)
Thankful that crisis allowed for me to show a friend that I am am not of the 'fair weather' varitey of friends.
Thankful that my decision to travel attridge from preston crossing to central, on the wrong side of the road, was a goood decision.
Thankful all reports from my other friends all ended in 'safely home'.

Well, this is getting long, so I will stop, but I am very thankful for all of those things, oh yes, and teh DVD recorder to record the news of this historic day that we had.

Have a good day, if not great, and plese be safe.

Be

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Thankful that your wife was turned back from going to work at the hospital last night? I'm thankful I was working a night on Tuesday, instead of a day on Wednesday. While I drove home in some pretty bad weather, I did not get stuck at work doing a 24 hour shift like the day staff did.

Anonymous said...

Hey You...

It's good to be thankful. Due to popular request, i've revived my old blogger account... I posted a new post, and you may laugh to read through some of my old posts from high school... because that's when I had the blog. I think I started it in like grade 10. Enjoy! Soon, I shall convince Lynette to allow me access to her blog... :D