Tuesday, September 11, 2007

So, though I doubt I ahve more than one reader (thanks erin) i will post again.

I have started supervising again at Silverspring school, which is a great way to get to know the gr 6-8 kids in the community. Though in my 2 times back this year, they ahv eplaced me with the kindergarten's both times because of need.

Now I am doing this to serve, so wherever they need me is fine, but there is ministry strategy as well, in that it is not likely that I will invite the kindergartens out to yuth group any time soon..

Though it is more peaceful in the kinder room at lunch, where htey still listen to you in there (after gr 5 that is gone). it is testing my servanthood. I think to myself..i could ahve been meeting a student leader for lunch, instead of wiping the noses of kisd who I am not generally gifted to lead. So, am I doing it for strategy or service? I am not sure. They tell me I won't be in that room all the time. We will see.

Mike

5 comments:

LJE said...

hey, remember these are the next junior youths!!!

enji said...

YAYAYAYAYA!!!!
I'm so proud of you for posting.

I think i understand where your coming from. youth is your fortay (i'm not sure if i spelt that right) and i know you can't exactly invite the kindergartens to youth (although that would be hilarious... little ones running around with the gr. 7&8's! HA!- mental picture). i don't believe you should abandon your... mission of getting youth out to jr high, but remember to have fun with these little ones. Sometimes these kids can be soo much more patient, considerate, and even wise than young adults can be.
Have fun with them.

Anonymous said...

So, turns out Mike, you have more than one reader! ;)

Just for your information and counting purposes, know that I check your blog at least once a week or more!

katelynn said...

i would just like to say that i check almost daily...very pleased to see a new post! motivates me to tend to my poor blog...maybe tomorrow.

Derek said...

hi! I'm katelynn's cousin. I was on her blog and then I clicked on a link to yours.

PS - I don't like Pepsi