Friday, January 20, 2006

Voices in my head?

Not quite, but close. I can hear the distinct sound of my girly cell phone ring in my ears constantly. It is much different than when you have 'a song in your head', even one you don't want in your head. This, I am not thinking about, at all, but I can still physically hear it. I am sure it is related to my recent days like yesterday, where I had between 21 and 26 phone calls on my cell alone before 2 p.m. Those are all incoming calls. (verify this number with my friend Robyn who heard many of them during my meeting with her, where she probably thought I would pay attention to what she was saying at the meeting, silly assumption.)

Anyways, does anyone know if there is a scientific thing where the hairs that pick up sounds on your ear drum can continue resonating a particular sound that it has heard far too much? I guess what i am doing here is openning up discussion for you all: topic, my hairy ears.

oops, gtg, I think I hear my cell phone.

Mike

7 comments:

LJE said...

i think it's actually not "reoccuring" in your ears, but in what is called your "auditory loop" (I'll stop there for fear of getting all brainy and technical - thank you Psychology of Perception class!)

Jay said...

I'm willing to fund your purchase of a more manly ringtone Mike. Perhaps the 007 one I have, or Mario Bros., Star Wars or even the Simpsons. :)

Pastor Pepsi said...

I will accept your offer, Jason, if it is loud enough for me to hear it easily, because all of my 'ring tones' are not that loud at full setitng.
Mike

Joel said...

MARIO BROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What's more manly than that?

Robyn said...

I would like to "testify" to the phone ringing, but I cant cuz I am not appropriately made.
...but, then phone did ring a lot, but once we get the 'pastor' organized, we will have less phone calls, or at least a planned time for them.

Jay said...

Actually, the tones are pretty quiet, but very cool. I'll let you hear them Monday evening.

Lindsay said...

hey, thanks alot, now I have your girly ring in my head just from reading this.