Saturday, April 29, 2006

Poured out like a drink offering

What we can afford?
So, frustrating moment yesterday. i have 'afforded' myself some time, occationally this last few weeks, to walk down a bit of a spiritual adventure, an internal journey with external tangents, but it can't be done half hearted. On friday, I was reminded, by events,etc. that I can't afford that time. That makes me angry.

I hear of a a pair of friends, a couple who plan on taking a year off of any ministry for the first year of their marriage. Lol, bless their hearts (and bonus for telling me who usually says that and what she means by that)

I hope to get back on this journey, and not become bitter about not being able to. An easier option would be that I never journeyed there at all, but that is no longer an option. Neither is affording the time in this season of life to go there, though, as this weeks events reminded me. Maybe summer? Just found out I am eligible for sebaticle in 15 months, but probably can't take it for 26 months, bless my heart. Maybe then.

But I don't like to focus on the time I don't have. Rather I should try to focus what I do have, even more, I guess.

On a brighter note, this post seems to be very well proof-read other than one word I am not sure how to spell.

Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Pastor Pepsi said...

Lol, even though I have shifted gears to do what I am 'supposed' to do again, I am reminded of my lapse even this morning. Things God and I probably won't talk about nearly as much as this 'journey', but they should have been done, and they pop up on the human radar more so than any silly time consuming journey, lol. Wow, I know that guys usually don't get 'implants' but it is being implanted in me never to do this again. Awesome.

Pastor Pepsi said...

Yes! Another reminder! I am almost ready for worship now. Awesome. Maybe I am too sensitive? Lol. Maybe I should not be saying any of this? Maybe my outer circumstances should not affect my ability to worship? Maybe I will have a record number of comments on my blog, and all mine.

LJE said...

so convoluted :)