Monday, May 01, 2006

Poured out like a drink offering: "2006"

8 minutes, 27 seconds. I can afford that.

This morning I went out for a run, more of a jog, maybe even a brisk wal. To the school, down garvie, mcwillie, back down konhowski to home.

There was mud on my runners froma horrible mess I had created by a) not cleaning up all the dirt from the lawn after digging for jakes swing, and b) turing on the sprinklers one evening before jake went to bed, and c) letting jake play outside just before bed.

I am sure it would have taken me 8 minutes to clean all the mud off of those runners, but now the mud is gone, and only 27 extra seconds. Tomorrow I will wear amanda's runners, and wednesday, jake's.

I know I can't lift weights like I used to cause of arm, and probably wont be able to until at least fall. I know I can't take part in the summer sports people play together as teams beating other teams. I know I am also sick of not being half of what I used to be physically (despite what my weight says). So, I ran.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Mike, I'm proud of you for trying to focus on what you can do instead of can't.

Also, you are doing bloggerific! Wow.

LJE said...

the thought of running makes me sick. i can walk, i can bike, don't ask me to run more than 10 steps.