Sunday, May 07, 2006

Losing to Quads, twice in a row.

First hand, fold, nothing really to bet on.
Second hand, J/Q off suit. The flop gives me 9/10/K, wow. another 9 on the turn. a 2 on the river. I have the only combination for that high of straight, and flush not possible. Even if someone has a third 9, i still win. A girl who does not know when it is even her turn, and friend suggests she call my bet. she turns over other two nines. Awesome.

Third hand: 10/K off suit. flop gives me J/Q/A. Bet on highest straight, no chance of flush again. tunr card = 7, no bet. River = A, so someone may have 3 A's, I still win. All in. Guy calls me, I think he doesn't know math that well. He flips over other two Ace's.
Awesome. Go home early.

Sometimes you think you've got a winner. sometimes you think it makes sense to go ahead. Then you see that really you had nothing worth betting on at all. Awesome. So, what now? do I sit at the table and watch everyone else collect their spoils all night, or can I go home early?

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Well Mike,
you gotta know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em, know when to walk away, know when to run. You can't count your money, while your sittin at the table, there be time enough for countin, when the dealin's done.

LJE said...

i just gotta say, i would NEVER come CLOSE to remembering what cards were played, what cards i had, etc.

Angie said...

Kenny Rogers....ahhh that makes me smile.