Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Day 2: Not wanting to be ripped off by the deli again, we went to the $15.95/person lunch buffet. I was excited that I could eat all i wanted and pick exactly what I wanted. Bewildered at the area where food was said to be, I asked a Chateau native where the hot options where. She smiled at me, with a pity in her eyes, and informed me with great regret that this was only the lunch buffet, and that hot options would be available at the $18.95 supper buffet.

It then took embarrasingly long to cook my carrot sticks and cold bow-tie pasta in my mushroom soup, the only dish above room temperature. AS my soup lost it's precious heat, I requested a hot chocolate, knowing that tea and coffee were included. the same pity filled eyes informed me that hot chocolate would be extra. Realizing the cost of heat is probably quite high here, I declined, not wanting to ahve to award the Chateau another point. Still 1-0

3 comments:

Robyn said...

makes you want to keep a few granola bars in your man purse, hey.

Jay said...

I think I know who's getting a sterno burner for Christmas. :)

Joel said...

You only get to go to fancy places like that once in a blue moon (at least that goes for me) so try not to worry too much about the cost. concentrate on the nice memory of a meal with your wife in what I imagine was a nice setting instead of how much skinnier your wallet is