Wednesday, November 02, 2005

On a brighter note...

Yesterday, i was doing my Bible Reading on my Palm Pilot, and was reading in 1st Timothy 1 about spending endless hours on debatable issues and myths, ect. This promotes controversy, the NLT states 'they don't help people live a life of faith in God.' I have been thinking about often , and diiscussing with friends the issue of baptism, recently, which is in some respects a 'debatable issue' tha tleaves people hurt, angry, and frustrated. What I do know though, and what has helped me 'live a life of faith in God' this week has been being a part of a student's Choice to be baptized in obiedience to God this weekend. She was so excited after coming out of the water, gave me a huge hug, and knew that this was the Choice God wanted for her to make. That experience, amidst all my other struggles recently blogged about, reaffirmed that i love what I do and it is meaningful and powerful. My thanks to that girl who let me be a part of her faith journey. It meant more than any 'Pastor Apreciation Month' recognition that could come my way, lol
Mike
p.s. Another brother past away this weekend doing a similar baptism in Texas, and my heart goes out to his family, and reminds me of the first time I almost went to grab the mic while baptising, the only time my lead pastor has ever yelled at me, and I am thankful.

1 comment:

Jay said...

That is great Mike. Write the good in stone and the bad in sand.