Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Bugs in the system...

All of my purchases for the last 40 hours or so have been directly related to dealing with virus's (sp) in me or my computer. Be it the excitement of the Dec. 27 door crasher for an external hard drive so I can restore my laptop, all because of a virus that won't leave, or the immodium, Pepto, and gingerale (which my loving wife taught me how to flatten in a hurry) for the virus inside me. I had less than a quarter plate of X-mas dinner, but am starting to feel better. I hope the same can be said for my cpu by the time i am done.

I have backed up every file I can think of separately on the hard drive, and then ran a 'back up in case of disaster' program that came with the hard drive. Now it is all done, and i am about to 'create a disaster'. (run the dreaded restore disk which wipes the slate completely clean and makes the computer like the day i bought it) (like Jesus for computers?) Well, hope all the back ups worked so I can return to blogging, e-mailing, and everything else in my life dependant upon this piece of Futureshop. (not sure spiritual illustration to that, if the restore is Jesus for the computer.)

alright, here I go...bye, buy, by

2 comments:

Joel said...

I feel your pain. Restoring your hard drive is never easy and I've been through it a couple of times. The worst part is reinstalling all the stuff you need (or games to play). A couple of hours of switching disks and restarting your computer await! Don't get too frustrated though, your computer will be better for it in the end.

LJE said...

so...?? how'd it go?