Tuesday, December 06, 2005

If a tree falls in a house, and all the decorations also fall off of it, but no one is in the house to hear it or kill the cat that knocked it over, does it really make a noise?

We (my wife) got in the festive spirit this weekend by putting up the tree and decorating it. We returned home once on Saturday to find it knocked down (by our stupid freakshow six-toed cat) and after dropping Amanda off at work, I returned home again to find it knocked down. I left it down for the night, not wanting to wake up to more frustration, but upon returning home one more time this weekend, not being able to see our lovely tree through the living room window as i drove up, I wondered how attached could the fam really be to a cat we have only had a few weeks.

I have stopped squirting her for this sin, but by the third time, just grabbed her, forced her face into the bent branches of our fallen formerly pagan symbol, and dumped the water on her head. I think she gets it, the tree has lasted over two days now. If only potty training was that easy...and I am not talking about for my cat (who would do that)

Mike

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Hi there,

You need to put your tree in a corner, and then anchor it with hooks and string, or fishing line to the corner.....it always works for me....and after a while, they learn not to climb it, just eat the bottom of it......now, back to the pooping in the potty......

Amanda said...

Since when have you cared about the Christmas tree Mr. Grinch? It's enough of a hassle to get you to decorate at all, and now you're the nostalgic defender of the festive season! I think you just don't like my cat!