Friday, November 03, 2006

He's coming to town soon, I am so excited! (and I am not talking about some old guy with a weight managgement problem, who wears solid red, with only a bit of white trim for relief)

Colin James is returring here for Little big band 3, adn the last time he was here was LBB2, 8 years ago, and i was there. There are concerts to get excited about, and this guy's name is small compared to others who get mor radio play, but I appreciate him cause he is not commercial, going for radio play. he is an artist. he has reinvented himself for CD's at least 8 times (totally diff style on each) His live act is so amazing (walking through crowd soloing, etc) and each song is done differently each time you see him (cause he is an artist, not a live recording wearing shoes). Last time I saw him, he played songs from 7 diff albums, and 3 songs I had never heard before, which is wierd since I ahve owned every album from each release date.

So I purchased 8 seats in a special fan club presale, which are great seats, but tried again today, and was able to purchase even closer. Now I have some seats to sell, so let me know if you are interested. (9 rows back, not bad at all). I will ask around before putting them in the paper.

Anyways, that's my news, go visit www.colinjames.com and click on discography if you are interested in seeing a journy that spans styles far beyond most any 3 bnads combined.

Mike
thanks for reading, who is aware I am back online again?

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

i'm skeptical. but i'll keep an open mind.