Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Ah yes, the popular position of 'Point Man' or Leader.

Some conflicts on dates for an upcoming retreat. Conflict witha quiz meet. I already know what decision needs to be made. I told the peple in charge of quizing that their ministry fit under a larger picture of ministry right from the start.

Those it will impact are not going to be pleased. I think one will take it alright, being a little upset, and one will be more vocal about it. People need to understand that if I switch to another weekend, I impact others as well. I guess, even if they don't understand that, i do, and though I try to create understanding, I have never been one to wait for total agreement of everyone before making a decision.

I know I am called to this position, and sometimes it is fun. sometimes it is not. The wierd thing is, i don't feel sad about having to make the decision, I just feel it is part of life that people will need to decide between two good things. I have to do it all the time. Would love to see those concerned and how they respond when those two choices are a ministry opportunity and family. Sorry, that is not fair, I am sure there will be maturing by the time that happens. If I can 'mature' in my thinking, I am sure anyone can.

This blog is not in anyway a critisism of anyone and their concerns, simply voicing what I am feeling, the purpose of a blog.

Have a nice day.

2 comments:

LJE said...

6:21 am? was that the actual time?

Any time you throw a retreat it will conflict with something else, and others will not be able to attend. Good on you for realizing it is not your position as a leader to wait for 100% agreement before making a decision.

Amanda said...

Good for you. People need to realize that their need to suck it up and get over themselves.