Saturday, December 09, 2006

Who knew about this and why wasn't I told?!?

So, last week, shortly after telling my wife there is nothing I really want for Christmas, i see in the Walmart Flyer that they have re-released classic transformer characters. (I won't name any, want to see if any of my readers can name the classics, post comment)

I told her then that I wanted some of these, to collect, as this is huge part of my childhood and did not keep any from way back. So yesterday, just to see where this re-release was going (more characters or something) I googled the word transformers. THat brought me to a movie page. Not the 1987 cartoon movie, but a real transformers movie (I guess as real as a Semi that turns into a fighting robot can be). They showed a quick preview. I can't believe it.

This is my child hood, transformers and Turtles, there was nothing else on that level for me. (and transformers were more important to me than turtles.

If my wife has been diligent in searching the walmarts, then I may have at least one, hopefully more of the classic figures to set up in my room (guitar room.)

Jake would be allowed limited play time with them when he was old enough to understand. We were watching the movie (robots, as he calls them) and the car who becoems the leader later was running and transformed to a car. Jake said 'where did the robot go', and I thought 'that's the beauty of it all, amazing'.

Anyways, no tiem for all the new transformers and toys out there, if you see a classic, pick it up for me, please. And I will have a big party to go see the movie on April 4. Anyone want to come?

Mike

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Chieck under the tree, and see what Santa brings you.

Jay said...

Oh Mike that us such great news! When I was about 7 or 8 I was at the trap club (skeet shooting) with my dad and I lost Huffer. I looked him up and I'm not certain that is the right name. It was an orange semi tractor with more metal parts than any toy for its small size. I thought the name was smoke stacks or something but I could be wrong.

Losing him was a difficult one. It was probably my favorite toy as a kid and I still remember losing it especially since I wasn't the type of kid to lose things. I think I still have Topspin somewhere.

Jay said...

Check this out also Mike. http://www.botcollector.com/