Sunday, December 03, 2006

As of yesterday, our car is now winter ready.

Winter tires, winter 'reflex' wipers. The wipers come as Robyn asked me repeatedly while I drove her somewhere this week if I could see out my side cause she could nnot from hers. I agree it was a challenge, but not impossible. If I was on my own, I may try to stick it out and drive with a streaky windshield and normal all seasons, and invest that almost $600 into a snow blower. But with my son and wife, whom I love so much, I will error on the side of safety for the car, and continue to shovel with my back and arms. not being a martyr here, just saying it was tough to spend that much on something that I normally wouldnn't. last time I had winter tires, my dad was buying them for all our vehicles 7 years ago. Back then, he put studded tires on ym '86 Capri. That rocked.

Even if I changed my mind, tires are probably unreturnable if they did the job properly. Even for the guy who can return anything at any time.

In other news, I sold a Nintendo Wii at my cost, how stupid was that. It was to help a parent in youth group, so I did not try to make money, but then i saw what they were going for on E-bay.ca, ouch.

Just like the tires, the deal is done.
so long for now.

2 comments:

LJE said...

it wasn't stupid if you're thinking in terms of heavenly values (generosity, helping others), not the world's values (money money money).

Amanda said...

Another jewel in your crown.

And iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou for the tires and the wipers!