Sunday, February 11, 2007

A Great Show.

This is in no way reference to my last post, cause my threat has not come to pass yet. By the wya, thanks for the response, that is great to have feedback, it gives more purpose to this thing called blogging.

The great show was last night at the BNL concert. (if you don't know what BNL stands for, refer back to my last post). Their live sound is amanzing, and their interaction, story telling, and local content is great.

'So the bus pulled right into the venue today, and i thought I would just walk down town. boy this place (sask place) is handy. So how about a walk to Costco instead.....Overnight at Costco, can we just make that a regular thing?'

Most times I am at a live show, about half way through i start checking my watch cause they sound not as good as on CD (understandable) but are no more creative live than on CD. Most of my live concerts in the past 8 years have been worship related or Colin James. (because of the reason described earlier). colin's live show is amazing, and always different. the worship stuff at YC, and Breakforth engages you because of teh focus that goes beyond music and entertainment. BNL took me right to the end without looking for the time, and I had no clue it was almost 11.

I was very happy to take my wife, and we had a nice supper before hand, happy valentines day. Last year an alright meal at a nice place cost twice as much as on any other day, and this year I had a coupon the Octane, so paid half of what would be regular price. We had a great time. She is great, and fun to be with.

They did something i had never heard of, entitled Bakrenaked on a stick. (sounds like a night game like persecuted church with a twist to make it go with our current study theme in Sr. High) It is the live concert you just heard, available on a USB drive immediately after the concert. Same price as a CD, adn they do it for the speed of prep and reusability. If you wnat to borrow BNL on a stick, and my wife approves, talk to me. It is not some random live show, but the one from last night. The mixing is better than I expected for live and distributed same night.

Anyways, this is getting long, so good bye.

1 comment:

Jay said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time. So is that just a typical USB flash drive? Reuseable once the concert is on your comp? Pretty cool idea. I think/hope that will be the way of all media soon.