Friday, February 23, 2007

Wow, what a day.

I will blog about some other important parts of the day, but will start with this end of it...

I went to Long and Mcquade music to buy a pick guard for Colin to sign later that night, and they gave me a used one for free, the colour I wanted and just enough wear to make it look cool. (I was frustrated when they did not have the colour I needed (white) for $60 new, but then the repair guy gave me one for free.

The concert was amazing, he was so good live. the crowd sucked, they did not sing along when he encouraged, and they could have got more songs outa him but stood up and left after first encore (normal for concerts, but I have seen him do 3 encore sets if the crowd is into it.) His horn section, and especially Steve Hillman on sax was amazing.

After the show came the push for a photo and signature. I went to the stage where they made it clear (the stage hands) that he would not be coming out, and they didn't like me either, lol. They gave me a couple picks, cool. Went back out with my firends and then Steve Hillman came out. He was really friendly, signed a poster for me, got a photo, talked for a bit. Steve said Colin would not be coming out cause they had to be in Calgary by morning. I gave up, and was alright with that.

Then, a friend, whom I asked just recently to come to concert, encouraged me to go out back by the bus, and wait, if it was worth it to me. I had never even thought of the stalker strategy, but it worked, after waiting an hour with 2 other guys whom I would not normally wait with in dark places behind buildings, Colin came out, sign my pick guard, got a photo, shook my hand, and he was off. Thanks Lyn for the encouragement/idea. The photo looks great, and I am happy. I have tried to get a photo with him since 1998, so this is a big deal, and now it will be printed and hung in my guitar room.

He did one song that I was hoping he would not, cause of the words, but he did. The song is great musically, and really catchy, but I wish he had not wrote it. I dunno.

I heard the openning act was amazing, I had to miss it for priorities (Missions) but fromt eh reviews from friends, I missed a great part of the evening. It was really fun to be there with friends and especially with Amanda to be with me for the first time at his show. (she looked great in new shirt). this is getting long, but I wanted to share the photo..

Have a nice day.

Mike

1 comment:

LJE said...

i am sooooo excited that you had that opportunity! Good on you for following through on your dreams/goals to do everything you could to make them happen.