Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A night to remember, or a night to forget?

So, when you don't have school age children, sometimes your family does not shift their schedule for school break. Here is a tale you might enjoy...


Monday night, no matter how busy I am during the week and weekend, Monday night belongs to the family. We have been very intentional about that. First, Jake's swim lesson at 5:55. Take him there, and it is an unparented class so we just pack stuff for him. Change him, get to pool area, and no instructors, just a public swim, cause of school break. Well, he has seen teh water and has to go swimming, but he is 3. "Sure, go in by yourself, we will be back in an hour". Hmm. So Mr. problem solver dad has a great idea, and it worked.

I go to the lost and found, and find a pair of mens swim trunks that might fit. Of course, I don't put them on unprotected, for obvious reasons, so I keep my own undershorts on. This is all to take my kid swimming who' would have been fine had he not seen the pool.

Then we go and drop him off at amanda's parents, as per usual, so we cna go out for coffee and then dancing. I tell amanda, after swimming for close to an hour, I need more than a donut if am gonna dance. She says 'sure, but I can't eat before dancing or I won't feel well.' So we go to Kelseys and I order wings, and she watches me eat. Then she brings up the fact that I am probably not still wearing the shorts I wore under the borrowed swim suit, and says I should not dance like that. We go to superstore, and buy some more 'clothing' in prep for dancing. (wings = $10, underwear = $12) We go to dancing, and the doors are locked and lights off, cause it is a university club. University break. Ha, ha ha!

Then amanda says 'well, if we are not dancing, I am hungry, I want nachos' I say 'I am full, and I don't want to watch you eat.' (bad answer after she jsut watched you eat.) I suggest returning what we just bought but I ahve not openned yet from superstore, adn use the money to buy nacho stuff, and I agree to make it for her.

We go get jake, go home, she eats nachos (I had some to, and seasame snaps, and a peanut butter filled bun, but I am not hungry). We would have done much better just not leaving the house last night. Ever feel like that?

I got a chance to talk with another front end person at teh pool about our family change room problems, and thye siad they have told the old ladies, and the old ladies just continue to do teh same. They promised the manager would call me today, so we will see.

Hope your day goes better than my night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The swimming trunk thing is just nasty... but hey, at least your family knows they're loved!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I'd advise you to check out my blog, I have two youtube videos on there that are pretty stellar hehe :P