Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Expectations, clarifications, and affirmations.

Today, I met my new boss. Ever done that? I respect him, and agree with and appreciate all he had to say. Some was possitive, some was suggestions, some were suggestions with teeth.

With the help of a good friend I have invited to do so, and no feedback from the rest of the peanut gallery, I will meet these expectations. I will maintain my career, which is more a calling, but still a profession which I have worked very hard to be qualified to do. Maintaining these expectations, and suggestions with teeth, will cost, but I will pay the price. Hopefully it does not change me too much, but I will pay the price, I will maintain this career that God gave me, and I am called to.

Can someone please teach me to iron? Don't repy generally, tell me when, and I will be there with a note pad and apron.

Mike

5 comments:

LJE said...

you can come over sunday aft and bring your wrinkly shirts.

Amanda said...

You know, I believe I have volunteered to show you how.

Robyn said...

hey man, I got your back, let me know how to help you, and when.

Joel said...

Why do you need to know how to iron? Amanda knows. Isn't that the kinda stuff wives are for?

(just kidding ladies!!!)

Angie said...

Jay and I got an iron for our wedding (it was on our registry) and well, after a little over a year of marriage, it is still sitting in it's box in our laundry room. We have yet to buy and ironing board and well, obviously we don't do much ironing....I guess we just don't wear clothes that wrinkle much. And if we do, we don't mind them being wrinkly...so I guess I am not the person to teach an ironing class.