Wednesday, February 22, 2006

YC Alberta...

I just finished registering 33 names for Youth Conference. They sell about 12000 seats of 16000 available in the first day. I fought to get in quickly once the web site openned registration, and was in in 12 minutes. Pretty good, and though many of my first choice seats were gone, we still got pretty good seats, I feel. it was so stressful, cause the seats you want disapear off the screen before you can click on them. It is like a video game.

I am confident I did the best we could, dedicating my whole morning to being ready to order online, but I still ahve this feeling inside that some kid will complain that we are not on the floor or lower level,etc, not understanding what those 12 minutes of fighting for spots was like.

Anyways, that's my post.
Mike
Happy to have YC tickets,

5 comments:

Angie said...

When I was at YC a number of years ago we were in the way upper section and we still had a good time! You did great Mike and I am sure that the kids will appreciate it.

LJE said...

if they don't like it, tough.

And you shouldn't spend time worrying about it. Your time is worth a lot, don't spend it worrying.

Jay said...

Who would think that video game experience would be put to such great use?

I suppose that isn't fair though because I've heard some surgeons find it very good for sharpening hand-eye coordination. But I think that those youth that are planning on having a good time will have it regardless of seating.

Amanda said...

If anyone complains, revoke their registration, and tell them they can do better on their own! Then they can sit at the front, but by themselves. Then, tell them they can register themselves next year.

On second thought, a good whack up the side of the head is a lot easier.

Robyn said...

and to those kids we, will say, "Suck it up princess."

Ah, we make such good sponsors....